Sunday, March 30, 2008


EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniqes) and procrastination

Do you procrastinate? Do you avoid doing today what you can do tomorrow? Not everything of course, but some. I just found myself procrastinating. The object of my avoidance: completing my income tax report. Usual. Absolutely for that task. Looking at what is behind this task, I have found the following: getting organized, doing something to respect someone's deadline (the government), finding that even if I already paid a lot of income tax, I could owe even more. Some other reasons for procrastination could be not feeling capable, having so much more urgent things to do, fatigue and many others.

Once you realize you procrastinate, you can use EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) on all the aspects:

"Even if I hate doing this (cleaning, income tax report, business call, etc.),
I totally and completely love, respect, value and forgive myself"

Write down what is true for you about the avoided task and tap for each aspect.

Have a good day - I am off getting my paperwork together for my income tax report.

Marguerite Tennier, M.A.

Friday, March 28, 2008


Wonderful EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) news

EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) is one step closer to being better known. A forward-thinking movie producer has just completed a full length movie about EFT. You can see a trailer at and the movie CD is available for purchase for $29.95.

If you are curious about EFT but not yet ready to invest in hiring a professional, visit to get your do-it-yourself version. Remember that EFT is in the experimental stage and that if you have any trauma in your past, it is advised to work with a professional.

While you can't leave comments on this blog, do email me your success stories with EFT at:
marguerite (at) (I write it this way to fool spammers).

Good luck and good EFT

Marguerite Tennier, M.A.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008


EFT to wind down before bed

One easy way to integrate EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) in your life is to start using it before bedtime. Most of us meet with frustrations, delays, difficult people and situations as part of our days. We then bring that stuff home and try as we may, we find ourselves with less than relaxing thoughts. Often these thoughts show up at bedtime, once the noises have quieted down and we start tossing and turning and sleep can be a long time coming. EFT to the rescue.

There are two ways to do this. The first one is to take some time during the evening and write down in point form all the unpleasant people, .events, emotions of the day and before turning the lights off, EFT each and everyone of them. The second day is to go to bed 15 minutes or so earlier than your regular time, review your day and anytime a negative thought comes up, EFT it and go to the next.

Good luck and tap, tap, tap

Marguerite Tennier, M.A.

Monday, March 10, 2008


Resistance to doing EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques)?

If like some of my clients you find yourself doing EFT for a little while, a few weeks maybe, and getting some results and then realize you have not done it for a while, what could be the reason?
We human beings are complex beings and we sometimes catch ourselves holding on to pain or anger because doing so makes us feel good. It validates us.

So what can you do when you find yourself swimming in either anger or pain? That's when having a buddy you can confide in can help. Especially if you have shared with that friend how EFT works. Your friend will most likely remind you to do some tapping.

My recommendation for you today: tell all your friends about EFT. Give them the information about the official website ( and my site

I have also heard that the TLC tv station will air an EFT program starting March 24. Check your local listings and tell all your friends.

Marguerite Tennier, M.A.

Sunday, March 02, 2008


EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) and stubborn cases

As you may have read on my website ( or on the official website of EFT, EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) works in about 80-85% of the cases. That leaves 15% where EFT is not very effective. I have been witness to that: the pain in my knees has diminished by at least 60%, but was totally ineffective for a headache (mine) a few weeks ago and I have no idea why. Some possible reason may be that I would have needed to EFT the underlying emotion linked to that headache. This also shows how that could have been a blind spot of mine.

If you practice EFT on yourself and it does not seem to work, take a moment to see if there are some strong emotions or upsetting event linked to your physical pain. Journalling is a very good tool to use to keep track of what's happening in your life and may provde clues as to what needs to be EFT'd.

Marguerite Tennier, M.A.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?