Sunday, March 30, 2008

 

EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniqes) and procrastination

Do you procrastinate? Do you avoid doing today what you can do tomorrow? Not everything of course, but some. I just found myself procrastinating. The object of my avoidance: completing my income tax report. Usual. Absolutely for that task. Looking at what is behind this task, I have found the following: getting organized, doing something to respect someone's deadline (the government), finding that even if I already paid a lot of income tax, I could owe even more. Some other reasons for procrastination could be not feeling capable, having so much more urgent things to do, fatigue and many others.

Once you realize you procrastinate, you can use EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) on all the aspects:

"Even if I hate doing this (cleaning, income tax report, business call, etc.),
I totally and completely love, respect, value and forgive myself"

Write down what is true for you about the avoided task and tap for each aspect.

Have a good day - I am off getting my paperwork together for my income tax report.

Marguerite Tennier, M.A.
www.eftottawa.com
www.canadascoach.com

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?