Thursday, January 24, 2008

 

Get your passion back with EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques)

Hello to all of you who stop by to read my musings. Another month has gone by and even though I had resolved (resolution??) to post more often, life happened. More specifically, I have spent the last month planning a big life change. Because the change has far reaching ramifications, I needed much quiet time to weigh the pros and cons of my decision.

I was able to take a bird's eye view of my decision process. One thing that came up repeateadly is fear. Oh! not dressed as fear. Most days, it came up as reason, urging me to "be reasonable, things are not that bad", or procrastination "take your time, don't rush" even though I have been thinking about it for a couple of months. "What if you make a mistake?" came up almost daily?

If you have been thinking about making a change for a while, you may recognize your own thoughts in the above. By all means, do your homework. Don't be reckless. If you find yourself turning and re-turning the same issue in your head over and over, talk to someone. Make certain though that you do not speak to people who are stuck in their own life. One way to recognize them is that they are the people who complain a lot, those who are the eternal planners but never take action.

What does this have to do with passion? Fear and passion make poor bed fellows. Fear kills passion.

So if you are someone who wonders how to feel passion, examine how you let fear run your life.

You can start using EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) to decrease the intensity of your fears. You can learn more about Emotional Freedom Techniques on my website: http://www.eftottawa.com .

You can download the free eft manual from the official Emotional Freedom Techniques website http://www.emofree.com

Your EFT coach

Marguerite Tennier, M.A.

http://www.eftottawa.com

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?