Monday, October 02, 2006

 

Being reasonable or settling???

Are you settling or are you simply being realistic?

I just found myself falling for the former. I found a condomnium that had the perfect price. Then I reviewed some of my criteria: closeness to downtown and southern exposure. While the apartment met my first criterion, it did not meet the second one, but for a while - a short while - I tried to persuade myself that the price was so right.

Make a distinction: if you find yourself suddenly convincing yourself that your main criteria are not so important, after all, stop and ask yourself if you are ready to live with your choice for the long term - this questioning can save you an impulsive choice, for a home or a relationship!! You may just be settling.

Your coach
Marguerite Tennier, M.A.

http://www.canadascoach.com


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?