Wednesday, August 09, 2006

 

Follow your own advice

I am following my own advice about self-care.

Between July 15 and September 15, I will have worked a total of 6 days, which leaves over 50 days, yes, that's fifty days of pure holiday bliss during my favorite time of the year, one month of it in a secluded cabin (perfect for lots of reading, sleeping and swimming or simply listening to the leaves moving in the wind or watching the birds) in the country by the water near the quaint town of Perth, Ontario. I believe that any woman with kids deserves a month by herself just like she deserves that little red dress. I have read almost a novel a day, something I had not done since my children were born and I used to take their nap time as my reading time.

But, I found myself feeling almost guilty of such indulgence until I mentioned it to one of my daughters and she quickly set me straight with words that meant: Don't waste your time feeling guilty, mom. Enjoy.

My challenge to you: Give yourself some extra self-care before the end of the summer. Maybe a weekend get-away, or an extra long weekend including both Friday AND Monday, a massage a week until September, a cleaning lady before the Fall get-back-to-work or to-school time, good catered food, a weekend without any errands or housecleaning, just your favorite stuff. I know, you feel guilty for taking that time. But do it anyway. Your body and your mind will thank you for it.


Your coach, who is going back to the cabin

Marguerite Tennier, M.A.

http://www.canadascoach.com

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?